Saturday, July 19, 2008

Late but needs to be addressed....Golf Tournament

I had a strange call today on July 19th when I came back from our meeting. One of the ladies who gave money, gifts, water and maybe some other things, indicated that she got my name (Chris Davis) from the community book where it gives our contact. She wanted to ask a question as to whether she gave to a good function as she has never seen anything as a result of the golf tournament, even on this blog, I had not posted anything on the results and most of all had not received a thank you card.
As for the blog, I do apologize as I should of written something up but this was about the time John had his incident and was waiting for more information and just forgot about it. This tells me that others outside the club are looking at the blog to see what we are doing. I gave my apologies to the nice lady and indicated to her that yes it was a legit fund raiser and an event for Optimist Club and thanked her for the gifts she had donated. I also assured her that we would get some official thank you notes out to her and those who did contribute in any way to our event.
Please members, in the future, remember to thank those who are giving or who have participated. This means a lot to those who do these things for us. We want to continue with the good name of the Optimist and do not want anyone to get different ideas as to our reason in the community.
I want to thank the phone caller for the call and her concern that she was definitely helping out our club.

0 comments: