Saturday, July 21, 2007

hobby's can be fun... by Christy Davis


When I left California I left behind one of my hobbies I did for the heck of it. What stared as you need a cake for a family event eventually ended up being a full time weekend job for weddings. This is the fourth cake I have made within the last yearand 1/2 and thought I would share it with you. I have been making wedding cakes for 8 years in California and if you count the time I have been here it is 15 years. I have to say I had not make one in 5 in half years until I made Iva and Brads for the Optimist Club event and then made Kathy and Aaron one as well. I made one for Jeanette C. (optimist member) for daughter's wedding in september last year. This last one I made as a request from Sharon and Bob Morse for their son and daughter in law who were celebrating their 25th anniversary. Because they did not have wedding cake when they married, Sharon and Bob's Granddaughter (who was putting the event together) decided she wanted one for this event. I gladly took their order and made them one for Saturday the 14th of July. WE delivered and understand that they enjoyed it. I want to share a picture in hopes that others will share some of their hobbies with me to include in the blog occasionally.

0 comments: