Saturday, February 14, 2009

Davis' are moving... announced at 2-14 meeting

As many of you know, my job will end here on April 14th and after listening to all that will be happening and reviewing the options given to me, we (John & Chris) have decided to go back to California. Even with the economy in the state that it is in, we need to get back to our family as we have been away from them for 9 years. I have to say that a time like the one presented to me would not come again to us and we need to take advantage of it. We will be working to get things ready to move and right now our plans are to leave by mid-May. We will keep you updated, we are sorry to go but we must do what we can to help our families too. We will cherish our work here with the club and will definitely miss our friends and of course the area.

In the meantime, there are some things that I mentioned in the meeting that we need to transition to others, please read below and let me know who would like to work with me to pass on all of my files, notes and other information on projects we have been chairing.
1) Easter Egg Hunt is approaching fast and I can finish this one but would really like to have someone who would be willing to take over work with me this year. Please let me know who that will be .
2) Frog Jump for the Fair, we have all of the past information and shirts left from last year. I need to pass these on to someone. Jim, maybe your Jr Optimist may want to take over as you helped John with this last year. Let us know.
3) Talk To Santa project: This is one where I know will take a dedicated person as it is one of our hardest events due to the time and weather. Please let me know who will be chairing this as we need to really get together and let you know what we have done in the past. Also the club will be transitioning to the new photo program.
4) Brochures, I can make brochures that will take care of Ann Ronchetto out to the end of September and then in the future someone can take this over. The brochure has proven to be a good communication item.
5) Book markers, I will turn back to Ann and let her determine how they will be stored for future use.
6) Grain Valley will need a new Witch. This is if they have the Haunted Hayride in the future. I will even throw in my hat if need be.
7) I am the 1st Vice-president and John is Board member for a 2 year term, we will need replacements for this for Ann. Please give it some thought and determine who can fill these spots.
FINALLY: the BLOG: currently I do it and if anyone would like to continue it, I can have this moved to them and back up the ones from the past on a disk as it is good information. Or someone can start it new on their computer. This is something that can be done anywhere you have the Internet. I currently do three of these.

Please let me or Ann Ronchetto know who will be doing what. John and I will be moving all of the items for the Santa House, Halloween, Easter and Frog Jump to the school within the month to come.

0 comments: